There are a few different ways to start a new project:
- To start a project from scratch: navigate to the projects list via the ‘projects’ menu item in the top navigation bar. Click the ‘new project’ button in the toolbar.
- To start a project from a template: with your chosen template open click ‘start new project from template’.
- To start a project from a specific property: visit the property page and click ‘start new project’ in the property page toolbar.
The first thing a project needs to know is what template is being applied (see building a template). The template informs whether this will be a retail or commercial project, the project workflow, and what roles and team members are assigned to which tasks.
The hard work went into creating the template, now setting up the project is easy!
- Choose a template: if you haven’t started your project from within the template screen, you will be prompted to select one from a drop-down menu.
- Assign Property: begin typing to see pre-populated options and select your property from the options listed.
- Add Tenancy Details: the name of the tenancy, what kind of tenancy, the precinct, division, and area in meters squared. Hit ‘OK’ on the tenancy card once set. You can modify this at any time with the ‘x’ icon on the top right corner of the tenancy card.
- Add Tenant Details: the lessee name, the ‘trading as’ name, ABN and phone number. Hit ‘OK’ on the tenant card once set. You can modify this at any time with the ‘x’ icon on the top right corner of the tenancy card.
- Add Key Dates to Tasks: you will be prompted to select dates for any phases set as milestones in the template builder. These dates are used for tracking the progress of your project
- Provide Details: this space can be used for an internal reference, which might be a custom numbering system or something relating to your accounting.
Once all details have been entered, hit ‘OK’ and your project work space will start generating!